Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First day with the Japanese district...

So I feel kind of out of place here. These Elders I am with now have been here for 10 weeks now. They've taught literally dozens of lessons in Japanese while I've taught a grand total of 4 lessons. haha. They're gospel vocabulary is beyond mine, so I'll have to catch up on that fast. :D I think as far as contributing to the lessons taught I'm doing alright. We taught as a companionship yesterday, and I was able to contribute a good amount. Having the first vision memorized helped as well. :)

I have 2 companions again, who have been together already for the first 10 weeks. Their names are Elder Hunt and Elder Larsen. They are really great Elders, so we'll be able to get a lot done. We got up this morning at 5:20 to do laundry! Honestly I don't know why so many people get up this early but the laundry room is actually kind of busy. Apparently the laundry room is so busy in the afternoon that it's not always possible to do laundry (on Tuesday, anyway).

I feel like our Japanese Vocab is very unmatched. They don't know half the words I know, and I don't know half the words they know. haha. So we can learn quite a bit from each other.

The Provo temple is closed for 2 weeks, so I suppose that I won't be going to the temple for a couple years.... haha. We are going to help clean the temple next week though! that should be cool.

We are going to be "hosting" the new missionaries on Thursday, since I'm in a branch with missionaries that have been here 10 weeks, we are given these kind of jobs. So that should be interesting.

It's actually kind of weird to see so many Americans, haha. In the international district I did not associate with many Americans, and now in this district everyone is American, so ironically, that's something I have to adjust to.

I moved into a room with the Elders that have been here for 3 weeks, just like me. There was no room in my companion's room. They are all great Elders as well. Sorry about the lack of description, but I just moved into the branch yesterday afternoon, so I don't know much myself yet. haha.

2 weeks left! This week our flight schedule should come in the mail! Pretty exciting stuff :D

Sorry about the lack of coherent flow in this post, but it's early in the morning so I'm not sure how to put this in any logical order. Oh well.

Well you'll only hear from me once more in the MTC, then I'll be in Japan! :D :D :D

じゃあ、またねぇ!
オライリ長老

No comments:

Post a Comment