Monday, February 11, 2013

日本の冒険!Week 30: A marvelous work is coming forth 驚くべき業が現れようとしている。


And it begins. It turns out that everything was merely a prelude to the moment that God knew the conditions would be right for the hastening of his work in Japan. Well, the conditions are right, it seems.

On Friday, we had a Zone meeting. It was from 10 AM until almost 7PM. It was also probably the best meeting I`ve ever attended.  President Zinke is quite the leader.  He basically told us the time is now, to fulfill revelation given by the prophet Heber J. Grant about 100 years ago! He prophesied that the work in Japan would one day `astonish the world`. There were many other things discussed in that meeting about how we would bring this about. This mission has so many great missionaries in it.

Well, its only been 3 days since that meeting, but the miracles that have been preformed by missionaries across the mission are certainly `marvelous`.  All the number indicators shot up and the `miracles across the mission` section of the E-mail included a list of about 10+ miracles instead of the usual one miracle.  Elder Hunt and I have had our share of the success, including teaching a progressing investigator who we had lost contact with for over 6 weeks, finding people who can come to church, and teaching a past investigator we`ve never met with. We got back into contact with our other previous investigator who had a baptismal date set. All of that happened in the past 3 days. yeah, I know, right? The mission is exploding with enthusiasm and power it hasn`t seen before. The number indicators are higher then they`ve ever been. I am so glad to be called to the Kobe Mission at this monumental start of something great.

Last night we also had the great opportunity of visiting the Mizuta family again for Home Teaching. We had the famous Hiroshima Okonomiyaki again. soooo good. ^^ We shared with them a message about charity.  It was a great message, and reminded me how much I am blessed, and how far I am from perfect.

Oh yeah, I also gave a talk in Sacrament. About Church welfare. uhhhh...... yeah I don`t know where that topic came from. haha. I didn`t even know the Japanese word for welfare. I think a talk about welfare in English would have been tough. haha. But I just talked about how sharing the gospel is a form of welfare. haha. Talking missionary stuff is easy. ^^

Well, Thursday is transfers. I`m staying, Elder Hunt is going. My new companion is Elder Rice, who also has red hair. haha. He is going to be the new district leader. He is on transfer 14 (out of 16). So it will be weird to just be a junior companion again, but the extra study time will be nice. ^^ I`ve really learned to appreciate study time.

Well, great things are happening! So be excited for next week`s report!
Love you all!
Elder O`Reilly



Last P-Day, we went to some cool place with the district. Not sure what the name was. haha! Yeah.... this is the only picture I got with everyone in it. sorry. :P That is Elder Ogasawara in the air, my camera got the picture pretty good, huh? it was on a timer! Elder Hunt is closest to the camera, and Elder Rasmusen is in the back.

It is glasses month I decided ^^

WOOAAHHH....  haha.

We felt pretty adventurous. It was a way cool place. The whole thing looks like an old ninja city or something.

Probably the coolest tree ever. I`ve gotten pretty good at taking pictures of myself, huh? haha! XD
The place is in Kurashiki. So if you look up famous places in Kurashiki, you can probably find out what it is. haha!

A cool building. ^^


The center of the place. The weather made for a really cool mood.

We were asked to assemble this at the service place.... so we did. It was pretty fun and I learned a little about what it is. On the left is Seiichiro. He is the most physically capable of any of the patients there. He is way cool! ^^

First companion exchange with a Japanese Elder! It was way fun. I realized how much I`ve learned. He doesn`t speak a lot of English yet, so the whole exchange was in Japanese. We worked in Kurashiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment