Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 99: Happiness to the End 最後まで楽しむ

Woah. I can`t believe I put the number up by one every week for 99 weeks. Next week, my final e-mail, will curiously be exactly 100. Interesting.

It was a crazy awesome week.

We taught the family of 5 this week. They live in the middle of the crazy mountain jungle land. It was a rainy day and the clouds were laying all over the mountains. It was way cool. We drove above the clouds on the highway with a member (its way too far to ride bikes..... would take 3 hours probably just one way!)  The lesson went well, but we won`t meet again for 2 weeks. In other words I won`t meet them again. Such a good family too! haha.

We had a meeting to say good-bye to the Zinke`s (mission president). They go home the same time as me. It was different than a usual meeting, we just sat in a circle and talked. It was really fun. talked about how the mission is now and how it will change. We had a training meeting right before. I translated for both meetings, so I had like 5 hours of simultaneous translation in a row. That was also fun. haha.

This last week we have appointments every day. I also have homework to write to the best of my knowledge the condition of all members in the branch, to leave for the branch leadership. I know this branch`s 300 members better than almost anyone. I`ve biked to visit many many people, I`ve prayed for this branch, I`ve searched the scriptures so that I can strengthen this branch. I love this branch.

There are many people in our ever-growing investigator pool that will eventually get baptized. Right now most of the strong investigators are early on in the process however.

I know I am weak as to the flesh, but through Christ`s atonement, I know that even the weak can do many great and important things, even if those things may appear small to the wise.

So glad that I was able to participate in the work of Salvation in Japan. There truly is no greater work. Although I may be released from my time as a full-time missionary soon, my duty to spread the gospel will never end. The gospel is so true.

Love you all!
Elder O`Reilly

We went to ryuugado cave! it was sooooo cool. Here is the next best 5 seconds of your life.

The biggest waterfall in the cave is 11 meters tall. Way cool.

It was way big. took an hour to walk through.

Not another zubat!!! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment