Monday, June 10, 2013

日本の冒険!Week 46: swelling awesomeness. 膨らんだすごさ

So its been more than an interesting week. haha ^^

So 2 weeks ago, on Tuesday, I wrecked my bike a little. It was raining and I was going around a corner downhill. (not a good idea) The bike just started sliding on its side, with my foot under it for about meter. Didn`t really hurt too much, actually, and the wound was only about the size of a nickel or something like that. So I didn`t worry about it. Cleaned it and bandaged it and kept going.

Then last Wednesday, it started swelling up. I called the mission doctor and he said to just clean it everyday, but then he asked for a picture Thursday night and he said to go to the hospital ASAP. but.......... Friday morning was transfers and it was already 10:30 Thursday night in the middle of nowhere. so...... I just transferred. Since I was trying not to put weight on one leg, I was on the other leg the whole time in the train, and it was a full train so I was standing, and I almost passed out, but somehow I made it to the transfer point, after resting at a station in the middle so I didn`t die. haha.

Then I met my new companion, 星野長老 Elder Hoshino, and went to Hirakata. We went to this huge hospital (biking and walking actually don`t hurt), but that hospital doesn`t handle crash injuries. So we went to another one, but it was closed until 5 PM. (hospitals are complicated in Japan!)

Anyway, I finally got in and the doctor gave me some antibiotics and stuff to calm the swelling. I have to take it 3 times a day for 3 days. I`m on day 2. haha ^^.  Its still swollen.... but I think it will be ok....? The doctor seemed to think so. For now it doesn`t hurt, just feels weird.

Anyway, my new companion is awesome. He`s from the Sendai area, 2nd transfer missionary. We get along really good. He went to BYU-H, so his English is way good, but we mainly talk in Japanese. haha. ^^

Also, turns out I`m district leader! They forgot to tell me that.  7 people in the district, us, 2 other elders, and 3 sisters. Since a lot of sisters have come in, its one 4th transfer sister training 2 new sisters. yeah, sounds pretty crazy. Everyone`s good so far though. ^^

I`m realizing that I`m not a young missionary anymore! The next oldest missionary in the district has been out less than half as much as me. This week I hit my one year mark. WOAH! way too fast.

So, cool story of the day, this morning I got a call from a university professor of a nearby college in the area. Me and Elder Hoshino will be teaching a 90 minute class to 20 college students about our church! How awesome is that?!?! OH MY GOSH! haha I was freaking out. I`m still freaking out. We`ll do that next Wednesday.

Hirakata area is way awesome. Tons of colleges, young people, just people in general, etc. haha. Its way fun to just be able to talk to people on the street again, not really possible in Omihachiman. haha. I handed out a Book of Mormon just yesterday to someone after a simple 2 minute message. All kinds of missionary work is good, but the efforts are definitely more visible when you can talk to more people! We got his number too, so we`ll follow up with that ^^.

The apartment is..... not an apartment. Its what used to be the Osaka mission home. So.... its 2 two-story houses. ummm.... just for the 2 of us. haha. We only use one floor of one house, but its still ridiculously huge. 6 desks, 2 showers, 2 toilets, just a bunch of huge rooms, etc. And its next door to the church, which happens to be where I`m e-mailing from, for free. yeah. Its pretty awesome.

Well, sorry for just shooting you with the information gun, but there`s a ton of stuff going on. haha.

Next week, district leader training in Kobe, teaching a college class, and I`ll be giving training for district meeting. Lots of lessons and such planned as well. Things looking good! Now if my foot would just quit acting up and behave properly.... haha.

Love you all! Looking forward to the miracles that are obviously ahead,

Elder O`Reilly

Omihachiman church. Its only the 2nd floor, the first is something else.

A bug I found in Omihachiman. Try zooming in on it! 

Quit that right now! You know what size you`re supposed to be!

The study room. The 2 desks on the right are mine. haha. I was still unpacking, so a little messy.

Sleeping room. And more sleeping room. haha. There's an organ (the musical instrument) in there too.

Picture of the church from my chair at my desk. (yeah, screen on the window is broken. haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment