Monday, June 3, 2013

日本の冒険!Week 45 Return to Osaka 大阪に帰り


So...... I`m transferring again! Woah. Two single transfer areas in a row. I think that`s very common, but its fun to move a lot! haha.

I`m going to Osaka! And I`m going to finish the training of a Japanese Elder there! I don`t remember his name right now... I`ll get back to you on that. haha.  I`m going to Hirakata! Way excited! It will be my first time being senior companion. Although I`ve been district leader before. haha. But I`ll tell about that next week.

On Monday, we went up Omi-mountain. It has cool car things that pull you up and some kind of temple thing on top. haha. Pretty cool.

So I`m glad to say this area has seen a lot of growth in the last 6 weeks. This week we taught 3 new investigators, had 3 investigators come to church, received 3 more referrals, and planned a ton of lessons for next week as well! We have 7 lessons already planned. We`ve just been relying on the Lord and seeing miracles!

I`ll give one example. We`ve been trying to visit with this one older guy. Whenever we visit, all he says is he has no time to have a lesson with us. Which is kind of frustrating because whenever we go he`s not doing anything. haha. but this time we felt like we should just try to pray with him. As soon as we asked if we could pray with him, he said, yeah, lets go sit down and pray and stuff. Ok! haha. We were able to have a great lesson about prayer and invite him to pray often. He accepted and then asked us how he could tell us he was praying. haha. We told him we would follow up, and he could tell us then.

It`s amazing how much you can do when you just let go and let the Lord work through you!

Some thing I really thought about this week is just how awesome Family is. We all come to the world in Families. But they are more than just a way to come to this earth. They are ordained of God, we were all a part of His family before this earth. The family unit here on earth is under attack. I`ve seen that a lot here. I`m so grateful to have been born into a family that realizes the eternal importance of family relations and into a home with a solid foundation of Gospel Principles. I am so blessed! And I love my family! I want everyone to feel the same way I do about my family towards their own families.

Love you all! Have an awesome week! I`ll write you from Osaka next week!

Elder O`Reilly

The thing we rode up the mountain. (oh, I forgot to tell you! my companion decided he needed glasses, so he went and got an eye-exam. At the end, he picked frames, and the guy said to come back in 30 minutes!! The glasses were ready to be picked up in like 28 minutes when we got back! WOAH! and it was less than $50 for the examination and glasses and everything.)

Pretty cool, right?

Hey, my area`s pretty pretty.

EXCUSE ME, YOU NEED THE GOSPEL!!!

A cool building at the top

THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE! It was way fun to get. Don`t worry, I shared with my companion... and did all the other stuff on the card from mom. haha.   The shirts are all great and the belt is awesome. One of the shirts is ridiculously big though.... but that`s OK, I only needed 3, not 4. haha. They are different than my other shirts, larger, but they fit probably better actually. THANKS!! ^^ And Thanks to everyone who sent me cards and stuff for my birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment