Tuesday, March 5, 2013

日本の冒険!The most important miracle of all 最も重要な奇跡


So this week was insanely busy. We had an exchange with the zone leaders on Tuesday/Wednesday, and I was with Elder Aono (he`s Japanese).  I really enjoy working with Japanese Elders, it shows me how far I`ve come in my speaking ability. It was a fantastic exchange, though. They really have things figured out in their area. The whole day was just lesson to lesson to lesson. I taught 4 lessons in one day, which was great. ^^ I loved it.

Then on Friday,  we left for Osaka..... on the Shinkansen (bullet train). yeah. It was way awesome. Turns a like 4.5 hour trip into 1.5 hours and the train looks way cool. which is important. We stayed in Sekime for the night, right in downtown Osaka. Osaka is a big city. haha. It was way cool. We left in the morning and got there. There were a lot of missionaries. It was cool to see all my previous missionary friends and such. We also got a new mission training plan, which is always exciting. It is called, Astonish the World, based on 100 year old revelation received by Heber J. Grant. Its pretty big stuff. The future of the Kobe mission is more than a little exciting. President Zinke is truly a man of Revelation.

Well, the most important things I gathered from this meeting are 2 things. First of all, that I need a testimony of the number of people prepared in my area, so that I can strive to teach all of them. I began to seek after this as soon as possible, and I`ve already felt it effect the power of my work. The number of people spiritually prepared in Fukuyama is 75, as revealed by the Holy Ghost to the missionaries that were in Fukuyama 18 months ago. Well, that`s definitely a good amount of work cut out for us. ^^

The second thing I gathered was about miracles.  More importantly, the most important kind of miracle.  To be honest, I don`t really know what I expected before when I wanted some miracles happening. I was just thinking of Ammon cutting off arms and Christ healing the blind and all these crazy awesome miracles.  But there were miracles preformed by those men that were of a different, more important nature. That is, changing the Heart of a man. That in and of itself is perhaps the most important miracle that can be performed. Ammon changing the heart of the King Lamoni and his Father caused thousands of baptisms. Christ changing the hearts of his apostles he worked with brought on the baptisms of many thousand souls. It is a much more important miracle to seek after then the eye-pleasing-crazy-awesome-miracles. Although if the Lord wants me to do some of those too, then I`d gladly do it. ^^

Well, I`m beginning to see how progression is an eternal process. haha. Good thing we have an eternity to do it. As president Zinke stated: ` With an eternity to progress, speed doesn`t matter. The only thing that matters is direction` Just always make sure you are pointed the right way :)

Love you all,
Elder O`Reilly

Not entirely sure what this is. Some kind of temple...?

Me with a 5 level pagoda. 3rd oldest one in Japan is in Fukuyama! We found this little place on the map by the train station and went to check it out last preparation day. Turned out way cool!

Epic entrance to the path of adventure. Yeah, I was pretty excited. I think I might actually like hiking when it is in Japan at one of these awesome places. ^^

This path was just full of epic scenes. haha.

Pretty cool right? The story behind it is pretty interesting too. Well at least I would guess. I have no idea what kind of story is behind it. haha.

Yeah, made me a little curious as to the story behind all the statues. looks like a pretty interesting story.

This is someone`s house. I was just like..... `what?!` see the windows at the bottom right? pretty sure it`s part of the same house.

Felt like an airplane inside!
Shinkansen. Wicked fast.

yeah, its that cool.


downtown Osaka.

Unfortunately, we didn`t ride the ferris wheel. haha.

The akashi bridge. as seen in the train. Yes, it is the bridge that is my blog background. ^^

oh, I love these stone lanterns soooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment