Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 68 Banishing the Darkness 暗闇を追い払う

So yeah. This week was still a little bit of swimming against the current. Some set backs and lessons delayed until next week and investigators not showing up and getting sick last moment.

GAH! JUST ACCEPT THE GOSPEL ALREADY AND GET BAPTIZED SO YOU CAN BE RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY FOREVER!

I wanted to yell that at them, but I`m not entirely sure how conducive to the spirit that would have been.

Also going out finding people this week, when we were told that they weren`t interested, they didn`t need religion, they were ok, or they already heard the message I just wanted to tell them

IF YOU DON`T ACCEPT OUR MESSAGE YOU WILL BE DESTROYED BY FIRE AT THE LAST DAY. SO IF YOU DON`T WANT TO BE DESTROYED I`D FIND SOME INTEREST REAL FAST AND INVITE THE MISSIONARIES IN.  If you like eternal destruction, by all means close the door already!

But..... I`m not sure that would help people have a change in heart. Well, I guess maybe they would have a change in heart, but it probably wouldn`t be a good one. haha.

I suppose its most likely best to trust that the Lord has prepared people, and perhaps the Lord`s time is not quite on track with mine. Teaching a people and a culture who hardly know the name of Christ that it is through his Name and Grace alone that we are saved, takes time. Its not something that will just make sense right away. But when they are prepared for the message, and as I am patient and faithful through the trials that come, I am confident that many will be able to find their way.

I suppose if you are in a dark room for a long time, and then just suddenly turn on the flood lights, it doesn`t exactly help you find your way. For someone who has been in the dark that long, starting with a smaller light, a candle perhaps, and then leading them to greater and greater light gradually is going to help them the most. Of course I want to show everyone the greatness of the light that the Gospel brings, but blinding people doesn`t equal helping people in most people`s books.

As for the investigator we found last week, he is progressing well. Probably we`ll meet again tonight. He got sick :( so he couldn`t come to church but should be able to come in the future. He is such a funny and cool guy. And he loves the teachings of the church. We are definitely not pulling out the flood-lights yet, but we have them prepped and ready to blast him with some pretty awesome truths when he is ready.

I love this Gospel and the light it brings into my life everyday. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. I`m going to banish away some darkness this week.

Love you all!
Elder O`Reilly

Watch #8 I think. Not having good luck with the watches. But then again I only spent $2 on all the other watches.... this one was about $10, so maybe it will last. haha. although it already got some rain in it yesterday, even though it was supposed to be water resistant. Still works.

Did a haunted house at the ward Halloween party. So the family that we invited (a family we found nearby the church) came, which was cool! also it was good because those kids were the only kids there. haha. The little boy dressed up as woody from toy story. ^^

My companion wearing a members jacket.

I think he is having too much fun. ^^ (one of the members) He`s pretty funny.

Oh yeah, and we had ZTM again already. haha. forgot about that. It went really well.

Matsuyama Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment